7.01.2010

re: second chances (a rejoinder)

Oh you and I, we used to have a grand time together, dining in nice restaurants, having our share of sinful desserts, drinking hot choco while watching movies -- what happened? When did the falling out start? This morning, when I woke up I had no idea I'd be parting from you this soon. I thought we were going to work it out? What happened to second chances?

So yeah. Maybe, you know, sometimes second chances just don't work. Maybe I am better off without you. Maybe the point was giving it a shot and falling short of expectations in the end. Suffice it to say: No more what ifs now.

*

Damn, I've forgotten how painful it actually is to have a tooth taken out -- it's been what, a decade and a half, since that time I had my molars taken out in preparation for braces? -- so the sheer pain of the whole event jolted me, is all; I actually spent a bit of time crying inside the dentist's office and a few hours back in my apartment whimpering LOLOLOLLL EMBARRASSING. (I used to be so badass, Christ, what happened to me)

But I am better now, and I think I will be better in the days to come. No more shitty toothaches that threaten to split my head into two. No more waking up and thinking, maybe today will be the last day you will hurt me. I am done.

We are done. (Thanks for the molar memories. LOL.)

4 comments:

  1. "No more waking up and thinking, maybe today will be the last day you will hurt me."

    Nag resonate ng bonggang bongga. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kat - This morning I was really tempted to just skip the dentist altogether kasi natitiis ko naman yung sakit pero hello yun din sinabi ko nung monday. Mabuting tinatapos na para tapos na! Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. argh, hahahahaha, you got me here KATE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rhea - LOL ano ba kasing akala mo ha hahaha

    ReplyDelete