11.19.2010

eleven nineteen

So today's just one of those impossibly tight days, working with all sorts of deadlines -- a somewhat-longterm deadline (for the anniversary), a medium-term deadline (tomorrow, for someone else's work for the anniversary) and all sorts of immediate deadlines (various - PSE tables, weather bulletins, peso figures, phone calls) and then Big Lady Boss drops us a line at 7 p.m.:

(cut for suspense--dun dun dun)



BLB: Kate?
Me: Yes, ma'am.
BLB: I wrote something in 1995. It's about (insert details here). Can you find that for me?
Me: Ok, ma'am.

God, she still makes me so nervous, because she remembers these things with unbelievable clarity -- if she says she wrote it in 1995, she wrote it in 1995. But sometimes, yeah, you have to work with what you have. Which is 1995. Which has 12 months and 365 days, and, in effect, 363 issues minus Maundy Thursday and Good Friday.

HAHAHAHAHAHA THE INSANITY.

Consulted Immediate Boss, who in turn began sifting through clippings from 1995 on said topic. Ang buhay ay tiyaga lang. We split the year between us - January to June hers. July to December mine.

I ended up finding it - as precisely described to me on the phone - somewhere in late November. You have no idea how happy this made me. Really. You know that feeling, when you find something you think you had nil chance of finding to begin with? It's sweet.

A few weeks ago, a workmate of ours came round to ask a few questions about our ~lives in the section. It was like being interviewed for a Lifestyle article LOL. One of the questions was about the most memorable thing we've ever done for the love of the job. I think I answered both the elections of 2007 and 2010, and a timeline on Estrada in 2007.

The next time somebody asks again, I'll be sure to answer: THE ENTIRE 2010. That was one fucking crazy year.

(And I enjoyed it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment