3.07.2010

dreaming in this fever

I agree there's wisdom in not sleeping past noon; for the most part, it keeps your brain from getting fried. This morning I woke around 10-ish before falling asleep again and having this ridiculous dream that's well, so ridiculous I have to sit and write it down.

So there's this Company Event, right, that features the Big Lady Boss herself. It's massive and company-wide and it's in this theater. So yeah, I overhear somewhere that the Devil's going to gatecrash the thing with his Massive Evil Ritual. (Yes, if you're a fan, it's much like this one.) Naturally, I'm beside myself as to what to do. I overhear Satan trying to convert one of the janitors into his fold in some fire exit by making him swear allegiance. It's strange, and I didn't know what to do with the info.

So yeah, I panic. Crowd starts streaming in. And then some of these demon folks disguised as perfectly normal-looking human beings start coming in through side doors, and I just seem to know they're demon folk, but I can't let on that I know as much so I just tell them as politely as I could to fall in line, and they thankfully do; meanwhile, I try to ask around for security in the side entrances. (Somewhere along the way I run into Julie and assign her to one of the exits. Hi Ate you're fierce that way)

So the thing starts, and we close the doors, but there's more demon folk coming and we can't let them in because letting them in would allow the Devil to start his ritual and that's bad (though it isn't clear to me why it is bad). Some of the janitors try to smuggle them in through huge boxes. It's insane when they start breaking out of them, it's frightening.

(Andrea says I woke up somewhere, told her I was having "a frightening Buffy dream" and then I went back to sleep. I think it's at this point, because I remember being scared, and then being relieved I was awake, and then I remember thinking I wasn't about to leave that dream being scared, so I went back to sleep. Yeah, to continue it. Yeah, I can do that.)

Back in the dream, I call this guy, ask him where he is. Of course he says he's in England. He asks me where I am, I tell him I'm in the Philippines (God this dream is weird) of fucking course, and that Satan's about to do a Massive Evil Ritual.

him: Satan? As in which Satan?
me: Satan as in of the ENTIRE UNDERWORLD.

Then he says it's a pity he wasn't around, but that his kids would know what to do, having been trained and all. True enough, the gang was there, and Willow was preparing these small stones that apparently we could put against the foreheads of these demon folk to kill them, so YAY. Also there: Xander and Cordelia. Wow, this is such a dream.

So there are stones, yeah? I give one to Madam Lady Boss so she can protect herself (of course.) And then I run to Naomi to give her one of the stones (which was strange) and another to Effy, and I'm like, Why are these kids even ~here? Naomi was with another girl, and I apparently did not like her because I did not give her a stone (Read: Fend for yourself, bitch.) Andrea and I are still debating whether I was actually dreaming as Buffy or Emily Fitch.

So yeah, the entire time after is spent running after (take note, not from) these demon folks and hitting them on the forehead with the Magic Stones and well, killing them. They look like normal humans for the most part before turning a shade of red and being demons. It was strange and exciting and admittedly, quite empowering.

(Incidentally - Happy International Women's Day, you folks. Tomorrow, right?)

And then I woke up. We had pizza delivered for lunch and there's still some leftovers for dinner (YAY). I told Andrea all this and she's all very amused and she's the one who told me to sit and write it down before I forget all about it.

That said -- I'm still kind of disappointed nobody was in a cheerleading outfit. Or that there was no random song and dance number. Because really, Glee would have made my demon dream much, much more enjoyable.

2 comments:

  1. "So yeah, the entire time after is spent running after (take note, not from) these demon folks and hitting them on the forehead with the Magic Stones and well, killing them."

    This is where I laughed out loud, for real. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kat - ngl that part was kind of exciting. hahah :)

    ReplyDelete