5.24.2010

thirty-two

Monthsary number 32 over the weekend, in a word, was AWESOME. It had a fantastic spa treatment, a LOT of food, a walk around Cubao, dinner paid for by my sister, Pinoy Henyo, Crepes, EVERYTHING.

(Early disclaimer: I am stealing photographs Andrea has already photoshopped because they are pretty. Okay, carrying on.)

1. Girls, do yourselves a favor and make a trip to Urban Escape Spa at least once in your life. SERIOUSLY. It's on Timog. If you're coming from Edsa, it comes AFTER the Circle/Morato, and it's on the left side of the road, in a building beside a McDonald's. Can't miss it. It's on the second floor, it's this warm, pleasant place, with really nice and generous staff. Their iced tea is fantastic, and their Swedish massage is so fabulous that I actually FELL ASLEEP (embarrassing, really). PLUS: We got to use their jacuzzi (JACUZZI!) and their steam room (it felt like I had clouded over glasses ALL THE TIME; I felt like a dumpling LOL yeah it was my first time) and that, plus the massage: P375/pax ALL-IN with shower use/endless towels/bottomless iced tea. (There's a promo for the hours between 1 p.m. and 4 p.m., lucky us!) SERIOUSLY GIRLS GO FOR IT.


2. My girlfriend is an artist! No, seriously, look she drew me!

Me: Oh my god, we do look alike! (pause) 
Tangena wag nating iwan 'to dito at baka akalain nilang 
cartographic sketch ito ng isang wanted criminal LOL.

3. LOL apparently my EQ has not improved, Robin Padilla on Wowowee (Research joke) notwithstanding: (Unless of course love, you remember that this sundae on the left is yours? Hehe.)


4. After massage we went to Gateway/Cubao to have merienda/look at ukay. We weren't aware that we got down from the taxi IN FRONT OF EUROTEL. LOL FOREVER. The doorman almost tripped on his own feet while HURRYING TO OPEN EUROTEL'S DOORS TO US. Wow, how accommodating, really, but sorry dude, we're not about to go there. NO REALLY, WE'RE NOT (though did we look like we needed some Eurotel time? LOL PERVS WHAT) -- just, LOL. Apparently, we radiate this very visible LESBIAN COUPLE VIBE. Loud and proud, people.

5. Things we did in Cubao: Looked at ukay (she scored a fantastic jacket), shopped at booksale, ate at Razon's (where I introduced her to dinuguan), wandered around Cubao X. 

6. And then we went to Trinoma to attend my sister's birthday dinner with her high school/college friends. We gave her a book on how to have nice foreign-themed weekends (which I'm sure she and my brother would love, since they cook and experiment in the kitchen, etc etc). I had endless iced tea while her friends had alcohol and Andrea had margarita (ok I did help decimate the margarita, a bit. It was so strong it was LETHAL) and then with everyone alcohol-laden we played... PINOY HENYO. Ahay these kids are awesome. Sample words: Balat (panalo talaga tong word na to pano mo huhulaan to di ba), semento, PCOS machine, anino, ATM machine, straw, etc.

Krista's gift. (She's now 22! Huzzah! I was 22 when I met Andrea! Time flies.)

Lethal margarita is LETHAL.

Gerry's Grill's Sisig Kilaw is always AWESOME. ALWAYS.

7. The following day we had Pepper Lunch and had not-coffee in Seattle's Best, and then some fantastic crepe in Crepes n Cream in Rockwell. NGL, I love Rockwell and all, but I do miss weekends when we could stay in and NOT BE FRIED. Hay, weather.

Beef! I like Beeeeef!

Currently reading: Joe Hill's "Horns"

Gone in 3, 2...

Weekend well spent, all in all! I could get used to this, hehe :) How was *your* weekend? :)

2 comments:

  1. My weekend was spent playing Robot Unicorn Attack LOL.

    massage! a drawing that looks just like you! sundaes! crepes! sisig! and EVERYTHING else on this post! <3 <3 <3

    belated happy 32nd Kate and Drea <3

    PS: This weather is %$#^&**. I was talking to my friends in Baguio kanina lang and they said it's also hot there, 29C and I was like, 29C???? BUMABA KAYA KAYO DITO AT I-FEEL ANG INET NA NAPI-FEEL NAMIN??? Tapos naalala ko, isa rin pala ako dati sa mga nag-go-gloat na heh heh MAS MALAMIG DITO SA BAGUIO :/ So I kept quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kat - Hee thanks! :) ROBOT UNICORN ATTACK = WEEKEND WELL SPENT. haha :) I better have some robot unicorn attack time later.

    UGH THIS HEAT. It's unbelievable. Yung hangin sa electric fan MAINET, yung tubig sa gripo MAINET. What is this place. Hay. =/

    ReplyDelete