10.31.2010

say hi to mom

Said hi to mom today. She's all right.
All Saints' weekend at my parents' home. This afternoon, Auntie and I bought flowers for mom in Alabang -- a basket of leafy things for P30 and a bunch of yellow flowers for P100. Auntie's arrangement powers know no boundaries. Jaraaan -- parang P500 bouquet pero hindi singmahal haha.

Not too many people yet in the memorial park today -- could be that they're coming in full force later tonight and leaving tomorrow morning. In any case, we'll drop by again tomorrow before heading back north to avoid tomorrow's deluge.

*

Also: I didn't know I could connect flat screen monitors to Panda until TODAY. This information makes me very happy since I could use a 15-in screen with these eyes. YAY.

EDIT:
(cut for things I did with this flatscreen a.k.a. watching old videos of The Corrs)




The Corrs - So Young (Live in Wembley, 2000)

Ngh, ANDREA CORR. I love whatever that is you're wearing here (is this leather? NGHHH.) In 2000, I had no name for the things you did to me -- ten years later, I now do. Apparently, I'm into girls. HAHA. I think it's a proper rite of passage for any lesbian growing up in the late 90s to have a crush on at least one Corr sibling. Seriously.

Anyway -- I have original VCDs of this concert and another one (Lansdowne Road, 1999) somewhere in this house. Maybe later I'll check if I can find them. Haha. I've always loved their performances of So Young, which they often played as the finale song because it's always epic and the crowd always loved it and christ no matter how sweaty Andrea Corr gets she's always gorgeous, isn't she.

*

Hope everybody's doing fine this long weekend. :)

3 comments:

  1. I super duper love The Corrs, too. Especially in high school. They kinda disappeared after that. Where are they now? :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I first heard them in high school too! I read somewhere that Don't Say You Love Me (LOL remember when it was a Corrs song and not an M2M song related to Pokemon?) was released in RP as a single but not worldwide? I don't even know if that's true, but it's fascinating, isn't it. Hah. That was the first song I heard of them and it was all downhill from that haha! I heard Andrea Corr's married (NOOOOOO *cries*) and that the rest are taking a hiatus from music to pay attention to their own families. Gah ngl those women should spread their genes. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Definitely should spread their genes! :) Si Caroline 'yung favorite ko, though. Medyo nalilito kasi ako minsan sa hitsura ni Andrea at Sharon. :P

    ReplyDelete