12.27.2008

cleanups

a vacation, finally.

i spent much of today trying to clean my workspace, wiping here and dusting there and using alcohol all over the place. the isopropyl one, i meant. the thing about this job is that you need to keep things, and keeping things meant taking up space, and sometimes the problem really is choosing which ones to let go. i mean, nothing sucks more than throwing something away and needing it three days later. hehe.

honestly, after being so used to such a hectic schedule, the idea of taking a vacation -- read: spending more than two days out of the office, and out of makati at that -- drove me absolutely nuts! hala di na marunong magbakasyon. though i did spend christmas night in makati, i spent most of it 1) craving for beer and 2) cleaning stuff - laundry, electric fan, bathroom. sobrang na-stress lang ako sa idea na i would have to leave my natural habitat for more than two days. hahaha ano ba yan.

but yeah, now that that's over and done with, i could proceed to the next pertinent task:

turning a year older.

much to my delight, my parents agreed to pick me up from work tonight. thankfully, it took only an hour for us to get to cavite from makati -- i guess the empty streets were the Universe's gift to me hehe =) thanks, Universe.

anyway, my brother gave me a present. mensahe pa lang sa gift tag, panalo na:

"dear ate kate, you may be 24 or 23, but you still look 18 to me. I love you! Happy Birthday! -wy"


tingnan mo nga naman yan, pang-Maalaala Mo Kaya.

anyway, auntie has already cornered me into attending mass tomorrow because 1) it's a sunday and 2) it's my birthday. sige na nga, mukhang walang lusot eh, so might as well.

the sad part, though, is being away from the girlfriend until the 3rd :( though of course i understand that it's the season to be with family and all that. i miss her already though. i actually last saw her yesterday, when she dropped by our apartment before i went to work to scan some old photographs and show me some of the gifts she received on christmas. all in all, however brief, that was a rather good morning :)

anyway, this year facebook seems to be the social network of choice, and as of writing i am still getting a few greetings from friends near and far, so thanks facebook for reminding everyone and turning this into a global event hehe.

so. that was quite a good year, wasn't it. yeah.

yeah it really was.

No comments:

Post a Comment