3.17.2009

to the beach and back

i heart beach season. thoroughly.


On Sunday, we had that quickie Zambales beach trip with the girlfriend, college friends and their respective boyfriends, and a few officemates who were available on a Sunday. The waves were monstrous and impossible, I could still feel pain in my legs for all my efforts to negotiate with the undertow while trying to remain upright by the shore. Our preliminary beach activities consisted of trying to get to the sea and then screaming while running back to the shore whenever there was a huge wave coming - and this was like, every time, in rapid succession also. It was insane. On one particular instance, the wave was so huge it hit the shore, the ledge and washed over our belongings already a few meters away. Ok wave, you win. This was where I lost Gibs, my 1-GB usb drive of two or so years. I didn’t even know it was there to begin with, sadly.


Coping with the tragedy, we retreated into our pagoda. I took out the Didion book I had been reading, while the others took out a straw mat and slept. The waves continued to rage with the noontime sun, the sand outside smoldering.


After a while, I decided the sun outside at this hour was perfect for photographs. To wit,





I should mention there was this board-barrel-balance thing near the sari-sari store:


And that we had to move to some other beach to surf, so this was us in the van:


I did not get sunburnt; actually, we got rained upon in the afternoon, while the others were surfing. Again, I just have to say, the waves were monstrous, but what’s the use of avoiding water when you’re already rainsoaked eh. Might as well. Somebody brought a Frisbee, so we might as well invent game rules. We played until there was too much sand on our bodies. We washed ourselves in the sea, surprisingly calmer now but then, it was getting too dark to stay.

We left Makati around 3:30 a.m. on Sunday, reached Zambales’ Crystal Beach around past 8 a.m. and got back to Makati around 1 a.m. that night, or technically, the morning after.

There are tons of photographs that I would hopefully have the technical resources to upload to Multiply, but then, for the time being, I leave you with this friendly reminder:


(I mean, Dear you guys who caused this sign to be put up, Srsly?! No love lost, Me.)

4 comments:

  1. sabi nga nila, makikita mo sa mga nakapaskil na paunawa ang gawain ng isang lipunan. halimbawa, hindi mo makikita ang paunawa na nagsasabing BAWAL DUMURA sa isang bansang may mga mamamayang di kailanman inisip na dumura sa kalsada.

    with that in mind, ayoko na mag-comment sa reminder na yan te te te.


    hahaha.

    anywho, naka-2 beach na ako. okay na ko dun. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. waaaaaah inggit. :-(

    uy, mamang nakaputing cap bawal nga daw e o. nyahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. eliza - ako kasi ang quota ko at least 3 beach trips pag summer. wahahaha 2 pa! dapat kasama ka sa isa man lang dun! :D

    cupkeyk - e kasi naman. sa sunod ha, wala namang oil spill eh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog ! I am impressed with suggestions of author. Dublin Host Families

    ReplyDelete