11.03.2011

dear lost girl 2x06,


This via http://fuckyeahbo-lauren.tumblr.com/
I officially have feelings.
(spoilers for Lost Girl 2x06 under cut, though I'm sorry that GIF has to stay out of it -- because, hello.)

WARNING: INCOHERENT FLAILING.


I can't even with Lost Girl 2x06. I CAN'T. Bo/Lauren is so endgame it hurts. Like, a physical pain. In the chest area. Oh god, so many feelings. About lesbians on television, but whatever.

So for the generally uninterested: We've been seeing a hell lot of heavy flirting between succubus Bo and human doctor Lauren, since season 1 -- by my count, they've slept once last season, and that ended badly because that time Lauren slept with Bo because Lauren had been, to a degree, ordered by The Ash, some sort of powerful authority in the story which owns Lauren, in a manner of speaking.

Everybody has been asking Why? ever since, and six episodes into the second season, we finally have an answer, which is:

Lauren has a girlfriend, who has been lying frozen in a coma under Lauren's research only because The Ash had allowed it. CHRIST. And Bo learns of this how? Via the Morrigan, who has promised Bo the key to "freeing" Lauren from The Ash -- which was to save Lauren's girlfriend first.

Oh my God. I haven't been so invested since Frankie slept with Cat at the end of Lip Service season 1 and since Naomi and Emily rode bikes and did shotgun by a lake and made out in the forest and kissed against those lockers in Skins S3. (Oh my lost youth.)

For the record: I like Lauren. And not just because she likes girls -- it's because I think she's genuinely a nice person who cares for Bo. It just happened that -- well, I'm like, in the process of researching ways to resurrect my girlfriend, yes? (TO WHOM I STILL TALK TO EVEN IF SHE'S FROZEN -- TANGENA SHAKING AND CRYING) And then, this beautiful girl comes along, who's headstrong and sexy and wow, I think she likes me back. And she's kinda badass and she's got nice boobs, etc and yes, she's conflicted because she's into this guy too, but what the hell, maybe we have a chance? But my girlfriend's still in a frozen coma, how do I tell her, she's got many problems, yada-yada--you know? It's a HARD PLACE OKAY.

(Still the best exchange though:
Lauren: I need to know this is not just you trying to get over Dyson.
Bo: No, this is about us.
--OHMYGOD DYING.)

And it just sucks because on the surface, Bo has every reason not to trust her. And I'm like, things between them just got better, and now it's about to go down the drain again. ARGH INSERT MY SUFFERING FANGIRL HEART HERE.

ANYWAY. NOW THAT WE HAVE ALL THOSE FEELINGS OUT OF THE WAY.

Anyway -- god bless you Lost Girl for teaching me the variety of ways I could actually do away with tank tops when in, um, a hurry. To wit, see these gifs over here. (YOU'RE WELCOME.)

Also -- red sheets look so good on screen no? It's like, every lesbian scene I've seen features the exact same shade of red sheets. I should consider getting one of those myself. CHOS. (But maybe I would.)

Also -- I thought it was Florence during that intense make out scene, but apparently it's Austra's "Lose It." Great song, will definitely make it to Momox til the end of the world mix 2012. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment