4.06.2010

Notes on Holy Week 2010

I am actually happy to report that during the six days I spent trying to have a "holy week vacation" I actually did not:

1) Read a single newspaper
2) Surf a single news website (with the exception of Twitter, which is actually turning out to be my news and chika aggregator whenever I'm mobile and not in front of a computer. Nifty.)
3) Read anything about/work on anything remotely about Elections 2010.

Which means I actually managed to accomplish my single battle plan for Holy Week 2010 to not turn the elections into a hobby. Heh. Instead, I:

1) Went to the beach with my family and my girlfriend, where I
2) Got a decent looking tan and
3) Trampoline-d my ankle to near oblivion;
4) Took lots of photographs
5) Did a gif of Krista jumping on a trampoline (LOL here.)
6) Finished Nick Hornby's High Fidelity in one sitting (FOUR HOURS! who would have thought I was capable of sitting still for FOUR HOURS.)
7) Wrote and finished something.
8) Went from Level 1 to Level 8 of Zombie Farm. (don't ask.)

Things I discovered this Holy Week:

1) I am a recovering mall addict.
2) I love Rockwell.
3) Zaifu is my new Japanese haunt of choice.

Here be photographs:





























* Notes: All photos taken at Laiya Coco Grove in San Juan, Batangas.

3 comments:

  1. Woah. A real vacation! Good for you!

    What did you think of High Fidelity?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think High Fidelity is an ACHIEVEMENT! Uh, I mean, for me, as a someone who hasn't finished a book in AGES. LOL. Lately, I've been finding myself suddenly reading about so many male personas (Though written by a lesbian, Winterson's male heroes I find very very hard to read and be attached to, IDK) and Hornby's Rob Fleming is a gem, no seriously. Also, I kind of like how it ended. Oh look at me talking about a book. Happy Easter! Hehe.

    How was your holy week? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy week went by so fast. I can't even remember what I did :-/ (Seriously.)

    I haven't read a book in one sitting in such a long time. (Excluding romance novels! Heehee.)

    ReplyDelete