2.04.2011

nano post-script, x months hence

I admit, when we finished Nanowrimo in November and found out that CreateSpace was offering to print and ship a proof copy of whatever we finished FOR FREE, I was like, Oh, okay. Might as well PDF it and see if it's true.

By January, I was like, Would they really do that? Ship for free to the PHILIPPINES??

Oh, CreateSpace. I'm so sorry I even doubted you in the first place.

(Cut for proof.)


PICTURES, OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!
Our endless numbered days
(with apologies to Iron and Wine)
Photo via Vignette for Android

Just. Oh my god, I wish I had PDF'd you better. Haha.

Andrea picked it up from the Central Post Office and read it at work -- which was a horrifying thought, because, granted the Nano process, this was still relatively unedited.

At the end of the effort, I feel like it's too... wordy LOL (50k words is 50k) and also, there's only so much you can write about girls who like girls facing some kind of apocalypse (LOL which, when put that way, sounds more ridiculous than initially thought) without resorting to... entire parts being ill-advised, heh. I was thinking, if at the end of it I could salvage one storyline (there being four here in this 50k monster), then well and good.

But really, Andrea was, I think, generally pleased. Which makes her a really fantastic girlfriend (LOL) and me, a very lucky one. Hehe.

Now off to salvage that ONE storyline. I think I know which one it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment