5.26.2011

six, redux

It took a message from the company's HR department to remind me that this day marks my sixth year with the newspaper.

SIX YEARS! How amazing is that? :) Since waking up this morning, I kept looking at the calendar and thinking, May 26th has to mean something, and then I remembered AHA, AJSS graduation in 2000! LOL. While that is also true -- really, memory? Fail on some level. Haha.

Anyway -- oh wow. Six years. In keeping with the common metaphor -- had this been a child... Haha. Prep school already!

So to say something brief and sentimental: I have learned so much and I am still learning, and my god, there's still so much to learn. I mean -- six years is six, but even then, it's only six. :)

So, yeah. Here's to the years ahead, and in the wise words of Rebecca Black: WE WE SO EXCITED.

(Reading recs and a proposal under cut)


Other notes:

+ Last night, oh my God I read the most amazing piece discussing women's basketball. It's all about passionate coaches and determined players and all that INTENSITY and fucking PASSION. Anyway, I was crying at the fucking end of it, so go have a read: Eyes of the Storm via Sports Illustrated and Longreads.

(Incidentally, if you're ever so inclined: My Longreads picks are here. Longreads is so nifty! You just tweet (in a public account, of course) the links and put the hashtag #longreads and there's a page! You should all totally do it!)

+ Also last night: Finished something I'd been writing since last month. Aysus, this weather. All beach, no write. Haha. Maybe we can go back to writing again, body, with the storms coming in.

+ SPEAKING OF WRITING AGAIN, BODY: Hey. How do you feel about writing together? a.k.a. this writing project involving writing letters to THE LAST GIRL (however you may read that)? Just a thought. Let's mull it over.

2 comments: