1.08.2009

hey, hey, hey-ppy birthday!

Saturday, Jan 3. I never thought I’d really pull off something altogether secret for the girlfriend, seeing that for most of the break we were together anyways. Thanks to friends and text messaging and to a degree, email, we all managed to cook something up, something intimate and wild all at the same time hehe.

She was craving for Taters’ dip and French fries so we headed out early to Glorietta. We arrived even before the theaters opened, and the mall was practically deserted as it was still before noontime. After eating at Wendy’s we headed to Timezone, sang a few songs at the videoke booths out back, tried Guitar Freak and failed horribly. Haha.

By the time we used up all our creds, it was barely 2 p.m. and I had HOURS to kill (my surprise #1, a sninner/lupper with our older friends, was not due until around 4) and I was already running out of stretcher activities already! Imagine the panic in my unimaginative nervous mind. Haha. Anyway I did manage to come up with quick solutions, such as trips to bookstores and long strolls. When we got tired, I took her to the Starbucks near Timezone in G4, and that was where we started drawing girls.







She did the colors while I filled in the details on their dresses (I KNOW). Then we made up mini-stories for each of them. My favorite, to confess, is Sally – a preschool teacher who likes watching Buffy re-runs with her cat named Blair (I KNOW!!)



Anyway. Holiday traffic notwithstanding, we managed to meet up at Tokyo Café in Mall of Asia for our sninner/lupper with (drumroll please)



Guess who. Haha. Eto yung mga kasabwat ko sa surprise eh na di na muna natin papangalanan hahaha. Anyway, these sneaky fellas managed to also surprise *me* for my birthday.



A personalized panda shirt with my face digitally pasted into it and omg all these panda masks! Be still my heart! No wonder this girl from the opposite table kept on staring.

After dinner, we strolled around the mall and found the perfect match:



And then there were fireworks.



Then we strolled outside the mall, crossing over to the strip of establishments near the bay. I was actually quite surprised to find that it was where all the people who used to operate on Baywalk must have transferred. The space housed bars, coffee shops, and even a small perya. Andrea threw a peso on it and won a pencil. Believe me, this was no easy feat.



We walked until we reached the end of the strip, which was practically empty dahil hello sobrang layo niya. Di naman namin napansin kasi we were camwhoring all the way anyway.

Pagdating namin sa dulo there was this spectacular fountain and all that SPACE to camwhore as we pleased.



After having our fill, we walked all the way back – we had wanted to ride the tram, kaso sa bagal niya e baka umagahin kami so naglakad na nga lang kami. We had coffee sa coffee bean and then parted ways mga 11ish.

But that’s not all. Suko na nga sana siya at antok at pagod na, but wait, there was still a part 2!



(WHERE'S THE PARTY!)

Next stop: Music21 for an all-nighter videoke. Attendance: Tere, Rissa, Armin, Jun, Din, Lawrence. Sayang si Irene di na nakahabol, habang yung iba naman for some reason di natanggap ang aking stealthy invite via text (sorries). Don’t be fooled by the number though – inabot kami ng 4:30 a.m. at di pa nga umaawat ang mga yan sa totoo lang.

May special guests din.



May bagong dance step din kaming natutunan kay Lawrence habang kumakanta ng Low:



I’m sure maraming nagsisisi na hindi nila nakita si Lawrence na, actually, pinupulikat ang likuran at tagiliran dahil malamig masyado yung aircon. Pakipasahan naman ang Arthro, ang tanders eh! Haha joke lang.

Meron ding somewhat titillating na soft pron na accompanying video ang kantang... (Name that song!)



At sayang di namin nakunan yung video ng Tabing Ilog (na actual footage nina Rovic, Eds at Baron pre-rapist roles) at yung video ni Tiyo Kardo at Sheila Ysrael (na di ko na maalala yung kanta.)



“I said Heyyyy… Heypi birthday!!!” – 4 Non-Blondes, oha. 25 years of my life and still...



I love you <3 (k) Hihi.

2 comments:

  1. i love you too chief. best birthday everrrr!:D
    tsups:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! 2 become 1!!! talagang kinanta ko hahahahaha! gadeymit!

    belated heyheyheypibirthday sa inyong 2! stay sabaw kinda happy! :D

    ReplyDelete