5.20.2010

here comes the bride (PAK!)



On Magnetic Hill in Rizal ALONG RIZAL HIGHWAY (LOL sorry, I only noticed this on the second go.. YES I WATCHED IT TWICE, BAKET? /edit), an accident occurs involving five vehicles just in time for a solar eclipse. As a result, five people suddenly find themselves in other bodies -- the bride, the ninang, the yaya, the lolo and the gay beautician image stylist. And I thought Freaky Friday was amusing.

Oh my God Chris Martinez. Yes, the writing is splendid, the dialogue is witty, and the story is engaging. I mean, SOLAR ECLIPSE! Jesus. Must have been fun trying to brainstorm on this one and arguing re where to put the lolo's soul for maximum effect and what to put inside Angelica Panganiban's body LOL.

But more than the writing, the acting is FANTASTIC. I mean, you can't pull off a body switch comedy with mediocre actors. Angelica Panganiban was awesome (PAKKKKK!) as the now-hysterical bride, and John Lapus was... well, you have to watch it to be properly scarred by everything, is all I'm saying.

Suffice it to say we'll be quoting from this one from now until FOREVER (like Kimmy Dora - Do you work here?) and planning about body switches with friends while waiting for the next solar eclipse.

Bravo, you guys. Run, don't walk. RUN. *PAKKKKKK!*

No comments:

Post a Comment