6.30.2010

Benigno Aquino III, 15th President of the Philippines

After nine years, five months and ten days under now former President Arroyo (yessss ang sarap i-type), we now have a brand new President!

(Fact: I was still in high school when Arroyo was sworn in after Edsa 2 on Jan. 20, 2001 -- O DI BA ANO BAAAA. I have been working for already FIVE YEARS NA COMEONST.)

Funny how a year ago, Noynoy Aquino wasn't even on the RADAR for the 2010 elections. Curious how destiny plays out huh.

Here's Manolo Quezon's Notes on this inauguration. (I woke late and when I got to the office, Charice was already singing the Lupang Hinirang -- btw, good job Charice!) And if you missed Noynoy's Inaugural address, here's the full text on Inquirer.net.

ABS-CBNNews has also posted YouTube links for the video:







ANC says Aquino was interrupted by applause 23 times. I guess they didn't count the other shorter ones, because when I listened again, I counted 37 in all (including 18 applause breaks that lasted for at least 5 seconds -- me ganitong distinction haha adik.)

Anyway. He delivered the address in Filipino - straightforward, malinaw, hopeful pero realistic ("Simula naman ng kalbaryo ko.") Also - I will definitely be on the lookout for these wangwang things, Mr President. And also, for "No reconciliation without justice." I am all for new beginnings and for working together, so. Tara let's.

No comments:

Post a Comment