5.25.2011

psa

Oh man. So occasionally, there will be times when I am going to have to rave about work-related things that are NOT read-along related (LOL).

This is one of those times, and today I will be raving about the Inquirer's Digital Edition.

Things I am loving right now: A digital version of the Inquirer in my Galaxy Tab EVERY MORNING.

So yeah, I just downloaded the Inquirer app to my Android device last night and so far, so good -- easy to browse full issues complete with table of contents and stories you can read in continuous text form whenever you click the headlines. Fantastic and convenient. (And! Only $9.99 / approx Php430 per month, or around P14/day. Not that pricey, when it comes down to it, yes?)

However, here are a few things that only the large print form can do:

1) Community reading -- Last night, I was showing the nifty thing to the girlfriend and she's all like, Can I read the Lifestyle portion? and I had to hand the entire device over. With the actual thing, you can split up the sections -- I can read the main part, she can read the Lifestyle and Entertainment parts AT THE SAME TIME.

2) That crunchy sound, then the way the thing leaves ink marks on your hands and the utterly accomplished feel you get when you finish the whole thing.

3) Aminin, pag umuulan, diyaryo pa rin ang pinaka-effective na panglagay sa spots na may leak. (Try doing that to your tablet -- OUCH. Haha.)

THAT SAID -- I'm still enjoying this new "game" I've found for my toy. Heh. Right now I have five issues of the Inquirer in that tablet, and it looks like I can have a WEEK'S WORTH of newspapers at the very least in that thing. SEVEN FULL NEWSPAPER ISSUES IN A NOTEBOOK-SIZED PACKAGE. Tell me that isn't amazing at some point. TELL ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment