10.02.2010

we were both young when

Amanda Seyfried is Sophie in "Letters to Juliet"
(Also: Damn girl, why so PRETTY?)
Unexpected delight is unexpected -- this movie makes me inappropriately squee-y. Cut for spoilers! (LOL IKR!)




Ugh, I admit it. I am so in love with Amanda Seyfried's character here -- I mean, hello, she's a FACT CHECKER FOR THE NEW YORKER. I was like, What? As in, full-time FACT CHECKER. Traces people down, verifies information... (sounds familiar? haha.) So, yeah, apart from that she's also engaged to Gael fucking Garcia Bernal (Insert my second what here) who's a brilliant fucking chef. (THIRD WHAT IN A ROW pardon my caps)

(So nag-hang ako sa Gael na chef ano. I'd fucking hit that.)

Anyway. Oh, the scenery was GORGEOUS -- kind of like Under the Tuscan Sun, in that I can practically taste grapes in my mouth while watching, that sort. LOL. Also -- I loved the thought of pasting love letters on a literal wall and the idea of this group of middle aged women writing random responses to love letters posted by strangers. SERIOUSLY I surprise myself sometimes. Also I should note that this British guy who's like a derivative of Ryan Philippe and James Marsters is curiously a grower, but I am guessing it's 95% because of his accent.

What I don't get is how someone like Sophie can be so disappointed that her chef fiance Victor would like to take her around Italy to visit vineyards and sample wines and cheese and learn new recipes from locals. I mean -- THIS MAN CAN FEED YOU AND FEED YOU WELL. Apart from being Gael, of course -- I mean, FOOD! It's really baffling. Yeah, the wine auction part at the opposite side of the country is kind of upsetting, because hello, I'm right here can you do business later -- but man! Driving around the country with your chef-fiance! Obviously, kaladkarin ako, but REALLY? Victor's all like, I'm inventing NOODLES! And Sophie's like, I'm really disinterested, but we're getting married so I'd have to make an approval face. Sigh. I'm in love with both their characters -- I mean, Sophie can't stay still without opening a notebook and scribbling something, and Victor's like OMG NEW EXOTIC FOOD LEARNINGS it's just -- MAN. How can you two not see you're perfect for each other?! OMG SPOILER. Sorry.

And then... AND THEN Taylor Swift's "Love Story" plays while Sophie's being @!#$@%OMFGPRETTY and I'm like, BRB I'm a bit weepy. Disgusting, yes, but OMG weepy. And then there's a pretty wedding in a vineyard involving old people who've rediscovered true love after 50++ years and the sun and the clouds and the grass are all nice and christ I need a beer. (I kid of course; I did not get a beer, I wolfed down an Oreo McFlurry instead. Oh wait, have I mentioned I was watching this with big mac and fries? no?)

Oh man. That was like a MAJOR PMS ATTACK, only much, much better. After that I did my laundry and imagined how our wedding would be like when there's finally legislation for it. LOL, it's definitely a PMS attack -- what else could it be, right? It's like, wow, what is this? Last night, I heard a cover of Explosion in the Sky's "Your Hand in Mine" by the Vitamin String Quartet (!!!) and I'm like, We are going to play this in our wedding. WEDDING?? Is this like, uh, part of the biological clock or something? That once you turn, say, 25, everything wedding-related is going to hit you hard and make you weepy? No? It's just me then and my frustration with our laws? Ah. Okay. (sniffs)

No comments:

Post a Comment