4.26.2010

dispatches from a lonely room - night 5

I was walking in the mall today, love - it's a Monday, and it's always mall day, only you're not meeting me for dinner and standing beside me while waiting for a cab. I rode a bus at Alabang around noon, did some bank-related chores and then headed off to my usual slow jap brunchdinner around 4 or 5ish (this is also known as the unhealthiest lifestyle EVER but don't worry, I'll be all right)

I was hoping I could look for something to wear to this thing the girls and I are going to tomorrow night - you know how hard it is for me to properly dress myself, much less shop without guidance, etc but I do hope I manage to look presentable anyway. (I highly doubt this, but then when all else fails there's always alcohol.) So yeah the mall was packed as usual and I stood in line waiting for a cab for 45 minutes in front of Glorietta 4 and I kept seeing these girls holding hands and I, well. How do I say this? I used to not mind, but now I do because you're not here and my hands are feeling itchy, just holding on to space.

I'm now sitting here home alone and it's too quiet so I put Kate Nash on and she's asking me if I want to share the guilt and really, I am loving this girl's accent  because when she says "What?" the T at the end disappears and it's adorable.


By the way, how's China? This morning when I checked twitter, I read there's an earthquake somewhere in Taiwan; I hope you didn't feel that at all. My parents are all right, though Krista wasn't home because she was out the entire Sunday for a work-related excursion. It looks like she's going through with her med thing and I am glad. Wy is getting tall and fat and I am feeling small though not necessarily thin, which is like the worst permutation of bodily descriptions. Heh.

Today there's this sortie again on Yague and it's too noisy with these candidates on the microphone and far too many fireworks set off far too near. I feel them thudding on my chest and more than I ever I wish you were here.

2 comments:

  1. Aaaaw these dispatches make me wish someone misses (or have ever missed) me this much, too.

    They're beautiful Kate (-: You still have, what, 6 more days? It'll feel like 6 months, but hey, she's coming back to you as fast as she can. (-:

    Feel better. (-:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Six or seven days, give or take :) Ambagal ng oras pag binibilang haha :) Thanks Kat :)

    ReplyDelete