8.30.2011

the long weekend update

So the girlfriend was out over the long weekend, so I rightfully spent it getting monumentally wasted with a bunch of twenty-year-olds I just met. Sweaty dancing, second-hand smoke, and out-of-this world alcoholic concoctions whose names I can't remember. Miraculously managed to climb several flights of stairs so I could pass out in my own bed. And oh, the Hangover of the Morning After. That said, I'm not touching anything with alcohol for the next ten million years. Or something.

Or... maybe not.



Excuse my exercise in fiction, but clearly this isn't my life anymore, and I assure you I'm well past that age where I meet random nameless twenty-year-olds in places where there is dancing under strobing lights.

That said -- yes, it's true that my girlfriend was out of town over the weekend to celebrate her dad's birthday, so I... well, did chores. Cleaned house, did laundry and dishes, cleaned the kitchen counter, changed the bed sheets, etc etc. Not quite the wild ride everybody's expecting out of what is touted as a MAJESTIC LONG WEEKEND, but Jesus, I haven't been having long weekends since college. HAHA.

Saturday

ANYWAY. Saturday I spent at work, where we watched the glorious come-from-behind win that FEU notched against NU in DOUBLE OVERTIME. Jesus, now that's basketball.

Saturday night I spent at home doing some chores, some reading, some writing and some drinking. HAHA.

Also, if you have to watch ONE badass Angelina Jolie video, watch this: http://bit.ly/qXcROx -- a compilation of badassery from Tomb Raider, Mr and Mrs Smith, Gone in 60 secs and Salt. Set to Britney's "I wanna go." How can you go wrong here, really. (Also -- man, if the movie "Gia" actually featured AJ toting guns I'd probs be dead by now.)

Mandatory Beer Count (MBC): 3.

Sunday

Sunday morning I met my sister at the bus station near Ayala and we went home together to meet Auntie and our brother. Had lunch at Festival Mall (Oh my God, Gameworx is already closed, how??), then walked around to window-shop for electronics (hands down our favorite sibling activity). I was actually on the lookout for a new laptop, but I ended up buying a Samsung keyboard dock for my Galaxytab (no excuses; I'm weak, etc.).

I spent the night in my parents' house, watching TV. HEH. I missed Sunday TV. Caught the Ateneo-DLSU game that afternoon and the Man Utd-Arsenal match that night. Lord, what do you do with an 8-2 result, right? Needless to say, I was rooting for Arsenal, the same way I rooted for the Maroons. (HAHA FAMILIAR GROUND FTW)

Also did a little reading, a little writing on the side.

MBC: 2.

Monday:

Auntie brought me to the bus station after lunching together. Actually, my real purpose for going home over the weekend was that I wanted to get their official parental blessings for something I'm looking to pursue in the last quarter of the year. (Pa-cryptic for the win! -- baka majinx e haha)

Anyway, when I got back to the apartment I proceeded to do my laundry, clean the kitchen counter, sweep the floor, change the sheets, etc. When I finished it was past 6 and I was starving and I thought about getting some gyoza from Wabisabi so, braving intermittent rains, I went to The Collective, only to find Wabisabi CLOSED. Of course, what had I expected? It's a holiday, Kate. HOWELL. Ended up having wings and fries and beer at Wingman while supposedly reviewing basic grammar tenets and a bit of math. MATH WITH BEER. That said, Beer eventually won out.

Anyway. Back home by 9, I resumed reading a little/writing a little/drinking a little. At the end of three days, I have not finished what it is I'm writing. Just sayin'.

MBC: 3.

Dream segment

I fell asleep with the lights on, dreamt about a bus AGAIN. In all cases, I'm on the bus -- the first time, I was on a bus going down from what seemed to me to be Sagada, and then the thing careened off the cliff haha. I remember being somewhat unconcerned though. Bus plunged into sea, and I was figuring out how to get out of the thing when I woke up. I don't remember feeling terrified -- in my dream I felt generally hell-bent on getting out in a very logical, take-charge manner.

The second time I got left by the first bus, then I got on the second bus, and then I was worried the foreigner-looking drivers were driving too fast down a really scary looking terrain. HAHA.

Last night -- I just remember the bus. I wish I remember more but I don't.

Googled a few dream interpretations this morning, and all of them pointed to: Bus = Life journey. Interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment