11.26.2010

ever swiftly moving


Sarah McLachlan - Do What You Have To Do (Live, Mirrorball)

(here be a sarah mclachlan post. cut for music)

I remember I was fifteen when I discovered Sarah McLachlan. I was on my very first stint away from home - it was for a five-week summer program at the Ateneo. I lived in the dorm, and one of my roommates introduced me to her. On our graduation from the program, we all sang Angel as a commencement song of sorts. As expected, not a dry eye in the entire Escaler Hall. I wonder if they still call it by that name.

This was ten years ago. Jesus F. How does time fly so fast? After "Angel", I discovered "Do What You Have To Do" and then "I Love You." One of my earliest original CDs was her album "Surfacing." I think I bought it for P400 -- a fortune, yeah, but it was a time of dial-up, know what I'm saying? Not exactly well-versed with Napster just yet.

Also: I loved "Full of Grace."


Sarah McLachlan - Full of Grace

I loved her oldschool tunes -- "Ice Cream" still makes me giddy, while "Plenty" still leaves me breathless and a bit freaked out. "Fallen" made me sad. Plus, you can't go wrong with "Adia" and "Building a Mystery", can you.

I brought all of my Sarah Mc CDs wherever I moved -- from my dorm in UP to my flat in Maginhawa, to Makati. I think I can locate all three of them (yeah just three) -- Surfacing, Mirrorball, Afterglow -- somewhere in this room. Good times, good times.


Sarah McLachlan - Plenty (Freedom Sessions)
I need this album in my life right now.

4 comments:

  1. I <3 Sarah McLachlan, too :)
    Building a Mystery is my favorite, Posesion, and I Don't Know How to Let You Go.

    "Deep within I'm shaken by the violence of existing for only you."

    Ang galing galing nya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean, Posession, and Do What You Have to Do.
    Hehe na-confuse na'ko sa song titles -_-

    ReplyDelete
  3. your love is better than ice cream... i still remember staggering home to your place at 3 o'clock in the morning and then eating ice cream for breakfast and washing it down with the remaining beer from the night before.

    i still have all three sarah mchlachlan cds that you burned for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ida - Yun din ang linyang gusto ko! :)

    Ice - Breakfast of champions! Ahh. The good ol' days :)

    ReplyDelete