12.31.2010

2010, a round-up

Or, alternatively, the yearender

You were one of the hardest, 2010, in terms of challenges. This year: a computerized national elections, a new president, a book spanning 25 years and 25 simultaneous read-along sessions. Dear 2010, you pushed me to my limits, shoved me up against a wall and encouraged me to fight back. Now I can look back and say, Well. That was one damned good fight, wasn't that. (And I still have all of my limbs.)

This year I am thankful for the people from whom I have steadily drawn my strength all these months. For the times you bore with me no matter how visibly I may have worn my stress on my sleeve - thank you. For sticking with me despite my temper - thank you.

This year I admit I must have been a difficult thing to love; for doing so anyway, thank you. After all these years, thank you.

Cut for a month-by-month rundown.



February
Missed the UP Fair this year; instead we had hot air balloons: things that fly
Got pwned for Valentines 2010: Menu

March
A summer trip: Hundred Islands Pangasinan

April
The Holy Week trip: Six Days
A story: Maps, letters, a brief guide.
Letters to Andrea in China: Dispatches
And also, A REALLY HORRIBLE HYPERACIDITY ATTACK

May
The national elections: A post-mortem
Circles long closed: Mundane
Marinduque!: Marvelous!

June
A horrible tooth extraction: Where second chances fail

July
A wedding!: Uncle Ed's and Auntie Oda's in Jaro, Leyte

August
How to be alone: I remember this body and how it feels now and think, Maybe we do outgrow things.

September
We turned three: 09.22.2010
And a stop-motion animated short, featuring pandas and cats camwhoring and traveling: Year 3

October
On the occasion of World Teachers' Day: Mentors

November
On Lip Service (LOL): Endgames
A run-in with Murphy's Law: Those infamous Batanes boxes

December
The 25 simultaneous Read-Along sessions: From Batanes to Tawi-Tawi: A post-mortem
A series of brief letters: Dear 19, 20, 21, 22 and 23.
And partying like it's the end of the world.
(And I lost my voice amid all that effort)

2 comments:

  1. You know you've been reading too many romance novels when you read the phrase "shoved me up against a wall" and didn't think that this was a bad thing. ;) Heehee!

    Happy New Year, Kate! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ida - HAHAHAHAH I laughed out loud IRL :)) Happy new year! And oh, thanks for the birthday greetings pala! :D

    ReplyDelete